Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Healthier lifestyle

So, I stepped on the scale this morning at the gym... another 2 pounds down and released.  Very excited about that :) I am going to Florida February 16th so I am definitely in need of some pounds released.  If I have learned anything through this journey, it's that change like weight loss happens over time. It is not going to happen over night, and I can't push my body to lose more weight than it's ready for.  A pound or two a week for me is healthy and should satisfy me.  February 16th is right around the corner, and I am not going to be a size 4 then - and that's okay :)

5 ways I am successfully losing weight each week:
  • Drinking lots of water (and only water except for the occasional coffee)
  • Not eating late at night (Dinner is usually my last meal)
  • Filling my belly with more vegetables (They are not my favorite, but I am trying!)
  • Staying active! Even jumping jacks with my kids gets my blood pumping
  • Treating myself once in a while - I let myself have what I want (in moderation) on the weekends.. or I would never be successful and keep it up!
Another one of my favorite recipes for dinner: lettuce wraps. Yum.
There are so many ways you can make them and you can use different meats.. but my personal favorite includes:
  1. ground turkey or ground beef
  2. taco seasoning
  3. salsa
  4. vegetables (I often use onions and peppers)
  5. romaine lettuce (for wraps)
They taste delicious and they do not make me miss the tortilla shells :) The picture below shows a yummy lettuce wrap and this fabulous blogger also has a ton of other healthy recipes - be sure to check them out!
http://www.iheartnaptime.net/category/recipes/healthy-recipes/


I hope you continue on your path to healthy success!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and words of encouragement :)