Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 3



I am going into the weekend and I am not going to lie, I am feeling a little sad.  Usually the weekends are my "cheat days" where I don't go crazy, but I do splurge a little and treat myself because of how great the week was (it worked for me, 19 pounds released later!) I love how Dr. John says the pounds are released or eliminated.. when we say "19 pounds lost" it's not as if we want to "find" them again ;) He said by saying "released" we are letting the pounds go... forever.  He taught me that the terminology we use helps us to understand ourselves more and keep that positive attitude and strength.
This is only a 4 week program and I know I can do it.  I will do it, but I am only human and I will have my cravings and feel a little sad sometimes.  I am not starving myself so I know I am okay ;) Just cravings! I just keep it up and keep a little chicken and a hard boiled egg in my bag for a snack.  I found out I am allergic to spinach a little bit, so I have to take that out of my protein shakes.. I will definitely try kale next time I go to the store :)  They are getting easier to drink because I am adding more water.

Friday night.. it's going to be hard for me to not snack after my healthy dinner.  But I'll do it!
Things to take my mind off of food:

  • Relaxing on the couch
  • Playing with my puppy
  • Doing some teacher work 
  • Visiting my upstairs friends (my wonderful landlords!)
  • Reading a book (I am in the middle of "The Four Agreements" it's great)
  • Catch up on Facebook and Candy Crush (I need to give myself a break sometimes!)
More snacks that I have found that I enjoy:
  • raw cauliflower
  • cucumbers
  • sliced peppers
I started drinking some of the energy fizz in the morning since I have felt a little tired.  It tastes great and gives me the energy I need!
Have a great and healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and words of encouragement :)