Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 4

As far as cravings go, yesterday was definitely my hardest day.. and that happens with a lot of people (sometimes about day 3!) It was the start to the weekend and this is where I normally "treat" myself to some healthy popcorn, going out to dinner, or even a little sweet treat.  Nope.  This weekend is going slowly, and I have been trying to find ways to keep myself busy.  I have been working more and doing things around the house.
Day 4 has been hard for me, emotionally.. who knew that I had an unhealthy relationship with food?  If you are reading this right now, please know that I am not trying to sell you anything or tell you that this is easy.. it's not.  It might be for some people, but I am as human as they come... and it is hard.  If you are reading this right now and you are going through something similar and trying to stay healthy and on track, don't.give.up.  The time will pass.. you will gain healthier habits... you will feel better and the cravings will lessen and lessen.  When other things go in your life, it makes it even harder.  But keep on track.. if you slip up, even for a second, don't beat yourself up - just pick yourself up and keep going :) You can do it.  And if you need someone to talk to, I am definitely here - it might take my mind off of food for a little too ;)

One of my supporters/consultants sent me this today - it was much needed.  That's another thing that I have to remember.. we are all not alone!  We all want to feel like ourselves and feel beautiful... and WE DESERVE THAT! 
I was not as hungry at all today as I have been, the cravings are just there a little bit... but it will pass.  One day at a time.  I went to the gym today for the first time since starting this detox, and it was great.  I didn't feel like I needed to eat any more than I have been, but I only did 30 minutes because of my back.
I am going to Florida in the middle of February and I am no where near ready to wear shorts, let alone a bathing suit!  I will tell you that when I do get there, I will treat myself here and there... but my body will be so happy with my changes that it will reject the bad stuff... it will and it has since I have been eating healthier a year ago.  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and words of encouragement :)