Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 5

So I woke up late today, and did my usual thing, but because I woke up late.. I was pretty full all day (that was a good thing!) The bad news is that I found out I am have a slight allergy to something in the protein powder of the shakes.. I am very disappointed but I know I can still do this detox and push on.
A lot of things happen for a reason, and this definitely jump started me into getting even more serious about my health.  It was only day 5, but I measured my hips and lost 1 inch, and my upper stomach and I lost an inch there too! I am very proud of myself and I do feel a lot better... but the protein shakes are not good for my body because of my allergies... so... I'm going to donate to a friend so they can get this detox kickstarted, AND I am going to continue to be white bread free, coffee free, sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free. 
I will still post here and there (not sure if anyone is out there reading this!) but I figured it's good for me to reflect on my days as well.  These past 5 days have been very difficult, but I see the rainbow at the end of the storm, and my body is happy with me eating clean :)
One of my favorite meals has become:
  • Grilled chicken with a little salt, pepper, lemon, and garlic (cooked in a little extra virgin olive oil)
  • 1/2 cup of brown rice (with a dash of salt and pepper)
  • steamed broccoli or cauliflower (with a dash of salt and pepper)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and words of encouragement :)