Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Introducing Me



Hi, I'm Laura and I am 29 years old.  I decided to keep a blog for myself of my "healthier me" journey.  And if someone reads this and becomes inspired or can relate to any of my posts, then that will make me happy too.
I have struggled with weight my entire life, but for the past year or so, I have dedicated myself to getting healthier and losing weight in the process.  From my highest weight, I am down 19 pounds, and I only want to continue my journey to feel happier, healthier, and more energized.  I will be 30 this year, and it's about time I start taking care of myself and doing more for ME.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/275141858461148070/
Losing weight... slow and steady process. I have been eating healthier (adding more color to my diet!) and exercising as often as I can.  I recently hurt my back and have been seeing a chiropractor (who has also helped me lose weight), but I cannot do the cardio and weight classes that I began to love.  Slowly but surely, I will add more cardio and exercises to strengthen my back :) NEVER start exercising too early with an injury.. you will hurt yourself (been there, done that) - let your body heal!

Back to my chiropractor... he is amazing.  His name is Dr. John.  He introduced me to something called Intermittent fasting, which has worked for my body and helped me to allow my body to "fast" in the evening and at night, to burn more fat.  His videos are wonderful too and you can check them out here.

I started this blog because I also started the Arbonne 28 day detox/cleanse.  I wanted to log in each day of how I felt and what worked for me. So far, today has been okay besides being a little tired... I made my protein shake in the morning, and didn't blend it well enough so it came out a little chalky - the taste was fine, the consistently was not great ;) I added 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 cup of coconut milk, a little ice and water, a handful of blueberries and spinach, and I was all set.  I had the detox tea this morning which wasn't too too bad (I am sugar addicted so I don't like unsweetened anything!) and drank as much as I could.  For my lunch I am shaking up a protein shake with coconut milk and having a healthy salad.   Dinner will be my chicken, brown rice, and broccoli.  Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your support and words of encouragement :)